Monday, November 15, 2010

Warm Fuzzies


Last week for our YW Activity I wanted us all to work on something for Personal Progress together AND to do something for our Community. I decided we could make little chenille sock dolls (aka Warm Fuzzies) to donate to the Women's and Children's Crisis Center.

Anngela and her oh so original and oh so cute vampire bat!

Christina's cuties remind me of Napoleon Dynamite and his girlfriend.

Dayna's non-doll, I love it! (tee hee)

We ran out of stuffing, so I got some more to fill afterwards. Here is Emilee animating her 2 sweet sisters.

Jenn's has such a stylish hat.

Julia's is all pretty in green.

Katie made Santa and Mrs. Claus- so cute!

Shazel's cute pinkie.

Sierra's rock star.

These 3 cuties convinced me into letting them make sock puppets for themselves. Their puppets are almost as cute as they are.

*This past year being the YW President has been a total "yin-yang" experience for me (thanks Leslie for the term). I have experienced moments of sweet white where I have felt the Spirit and I know the girls have too. Unfortunately, I have also had moments of despondent black where I have wanted to curl up in a ball and shut out the outside world. This calling is very demanding of me and my family has had to sacrifice a lot for me to run all of the programs involved. My body has been responding to the stress in a very negative way with the ligaments in my joints flaring up- my toe, my knees (super ouch), my lower back, my fingers, and now my left shoulder (major ouch). The doctor has mentioned the words rheumatoid arthritis and lupus a few times now. Those are scary words! I need to take care of myself and my family, but I do love the Lord and I do love my girls (they give me Warm Fuzzies). I will try to run for as long as I can, but I also hope I'll get to pass the relay baton soon.

No comments: