Thursday, May 1, 2008

Published


The main project I've been working on this week has been finishing my 2007 blog book through http://www.blurb.com/. I know this isn't a hand-made project, but it's still a project and I am so excited that all 338 pages are done and it's ordered. I can't wait for it to arrive!

If any of you are interested in turning your blog into a book (the whole reason I began blogging), then you should definitely check out their site. I'll admit I was a little disappointed at first, with their "slurping." I thought when they slurped my blog it would then be redirected into the book in the exact same format. Not the case. Like other photo book makers out there, they have set templates you must follow. It obviously took more work, but I am thrilled with the preview of it. I am even more thrilled with the price, WAY less expensive than a previous company I've worked with. I would highly recommend watching their how-to video. Be prepared because it is 40 minutes long, but I learned things I wouldn't have figured out on my own. However, I do NOT recommend using their "autopopulate" feature. This puts all of your pictures in tiny rows down the side with your blog journaling in the center. My focus for this book is the pictures!!! I created each page individually with my blog pictures and journaling, and they actually have LOTS of templates for you to choose from for each page.

Cheers to publishing your own family history!

No comments: