Thursday, February 19, 2009

Welcome to Inkworld!


I loved Cornelia Funke's "The Thief Lord" and was excited to start the Inkheart Trilogy. They did not disappoint! Inkheart is a fantastic tale of characters from a book joining our world. Of course, when you finish it you'll want to continue the trilogy, but this book could stand alone.


Sequels tend to disappoint me, but not Inkspell. I think I liked it even better than Inkheart! I love escaping into books, and since that happens in this story it was a fun twist. However, this book does not stand alone you have to read the next one.


Unfortunately, I haven't read Inkdeath yet. We got the first two in paper back as stocking stuffers for Christmas, so I don't want to buy this one in hard cover. The school library has it, which is great, but of course it's checked out. I'm on the waiting list though and hope I'll get my turn with it before we move. If not I might just have to buy it in hard cover because I don't think I can wait for it to come out in paper back.

No comments: