Sunday, January 30, 2011

A sick girl's best friend

I have been really sick this month, and I really think I shouldn't get sick again for at least 3 years- ha ha! Luckily, I've had some good books on hand to help with the monotony of bed rest.


I read this with Kaleb and Noe for their book club at school. We watched the movie when it came out a few years ago and I cried and cried then. Reading the story I think I cried even more. Dealing with death isn't easy for any age, but especially for children. It was a good book though and I'm glad I got to share it with my kids.

My friend, Rhonda gave me this book for Christmas. I really need to apply its principles to my life. I need to toss more guilt and catch more joy.




I read Dawn Meehan's blog and since she's been going through some tough times I ordered her 3 books to help her out. She's a single mother to 6 kids and through all of her trials she trusts in the Lord and keeps her sense of humor. I need to be more like that and I hope that this new year will bring her more joy too!

No comments: