Thursday, April 17, 2008

I'm a little crafty

I was born of a creative mother, who was born of a creative mother, who was born of a creative mother. I guess it's in my blood, because I LOVE all things artsy/crafty! I am expert at nothing, but I am interested in everything!

Over the years I've taken classes in: Calligraphy, Interior Design, Basket Weaving, Floral Arranging, Ceramics, Tole Painting, Scrapbooking, and Jewelry Making. The holidays are my favorite and I love to make fun decorations and bake yummy treats to help celebrate them. I've created a line of 16 doll characters and written the first story about them. Someday I want to pursue having the dolls manufactured and my stories published. Someday I also want to take photography, oil painting, cooking, and sewing classes too.

Lately, I've been stuck in a rut though. I have all these big dreams of things I want to do, but then I get bogged down in trying to prioritize which things I should start with. I decided to create this blog to kick my bum into gear. I'm not going to worry about which projects I should do first. I just want to choose a project each week that I want to work on, and then finish it! I'll get more done if I stop thinking about it and just do it. I now have the goal of wanting to post something new each week to keep me working!

No comments: