Friday, January 24, 2014

Rhonda's Pick

Rhonda chose this for us to read in December.  A magical Christmas tale!

I read a slew of more Christmas stories. 
After my recent reads of Cornelia's books, this one redeemed itself.  I see that it's a movie now too and would like to see it.

My friend, Marsha gave me this and it's another great Christmas redemption story.
 
I read A Christmas Carol years ago (2003 I think), and watch the movie every year.
 
I read The Cricket on the Hearth back in 2011.  I have Charles Dickens' 5 Christmas stories in one volume, so this year I was determined to read the remaining 3.

A father's love for his daughter.
 
A girl's love for her sister.

This was my favorite of the 3.  Do we follow our demons or angels, do we spread evil or love?  

This is not a Christmas title, but I  had been on the waiting list at the library for it for a long time.  Once it was in, I rushed over to get it.  It's a great story of kindness though, and kindness and Christmas go hand in hand.

No comments: