Thursday, January 3, 2013

December Titles


Sherry recommended the above 2 titles for our December reading.  I'm going to get the first off the express shelf tonight!  I'm almost to the top of the waiting list for the second one.  I love the library!

The day after Christmas is always kind of sad for me.  Christmas is over and we have to wait a whole nother year for it.  I totally bought this book based on its title.  It was a great little read and now I love the 13th Day of Christmas.  Our family has started 2 new traditions- 12 days of Christmas for a family we love; and gifts of love for each other to give all through out the new year.  I'm so excited to do these traditions again next year! 

I adored the Anne of Green Gables series, so I also treated myself to Christmas with Anne.  The only chapters with Anne are reprints of the Christmas chapters in the original series.  However, all of the other chapters with new characters are just as heartwarming and charming!

I read this story last year at my sister-in-law's and really enjoyed it.  I just ordered it for myself and am anxiously awaiting its arrival.  I have a hard time with my fellow Christians who hate Santa.  I can understand if they view him as a greedy, materialistic guy.  But, if you know Santa like I do then you know he is a true disciple of Christ!  He thinks of his fellow man and loves him and shares with him generously.

The kids and I have been reading some Magic Tree House together, so we read this little adventure too.

No comments: