Monday, April 23, 2012

Satin Flowers

My brother is getting married next month.  His fiance chose beautiful wedding colors- Tiffany Blue, Hot Pink, and Citrus Orange.  My boys are all wearing ties from the different colors, my girl is wearing a sash with a huge bow, and with the leftover satin I decided to make flowers.  54 flowers to be exact.  A set of all 3 colors for each girl in our family, the bride's family, and for all the bridesmaids.

This project has taken 3 days so far.  The first day was spent cutting out 216 "petals".  My kids' stacking cups came in handy for getting the sizes just right.

The second day I singed (or melted, burned, dripped wax on- whoops) the edges of the circles to give them the flower look.  I used a candle instead of a lighter since I had so many to do.

The third day I sewed the layers together with a pearl bead in the center.  I think they turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself.  I still have another day to wrap them all in little baggies and tie them up with cute ribbons and tags!

No comments: