My brother is getting married next month. His fiance chose beautiful wedding colors- Tiffany Blue, Hot Pink, and Citrus Orange. My boys are all wearing ties from the different colors, my girl is wearing a sash with a huge bow, and with the leftover satin I decided to make flowers. 54 flowers to be exact. A set of all 3 colors for each girl in our family, the bride's family, and for all the bridesmaids.
This project has taken 3 days so far. The first day was spent cutting out 216 "petals". My kids' stacking cups came in handy for getting the sizes just right.
The second day I singed (or melted, burned, dripped wax on- whoops) the edges of the circles to give them the flower look. I used a candle instead of a lighter since I had so many to do.
The third day I sewed the layers together with a pearl bead in the center. I think they turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself. I still have another day to wrap them all in little baggies and tie them up with cute ribbons and tags!