Monday, February 8, 2010

New Beginnings

For our New Beginnings in Young Women's, the Beehive class took charge, and I was asked to do the decorations. We had a "Once upon a Time" theme, and I solicited the help from a talented artist I know named Leonard Reil.


This is the 7 foot tall, 5 foot wide poster Len drew for us. It took him 4 nights. He was going to paint it too, but I went ahead and did it for him one day (it only took me 7 hours!) We will recycle it though for Noe's birthday party.


I also made these tissue paper flowers. The first batch of 20 took me 2 hours, but I got faster with the second batch and finished them in an hour and a half. I'll be recycling these and making more for our Stake Fabulous Friday, later this month.


Our beautiful Princesses- Carolynn, Katie, Jenn, Sierra, Tori, Anngela, Tasha, & Julia with our Bishop. Dayna and Christina came later, but unfortunately I couldn't get another group shot. These girls are great!


The program consisted of a darling skit put on by the Beehives, an introduction to our new Personal Progress program by the Beehive Counselor, a few words from me on this year's theme, a few words from the Bishop, and then dessert! Each girl received their new Personal Progress books and a board to hang in their room with this year's theme from Joshua 1:9, "Be Strong and of a Good Courage." I think this theme was chosen just for me. I feel so weak and afraid and get anxiety all the time these days. I'm trying my best to be strong though!

No comments: