Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Candyland Christmas


Now don't get me wrong, I love Thanksgiving! But, being in Canada it's a little difficult to celebrate in November. First of all, Canadians celebrate their own Thanksgiving when we celebrate Columbus Day. Secondly, everyone still has to go to work and school. We were going to have Len and the kids take the day off, but the kids are going to a super cool all day field trip to the Museum of Nature that day, so they're going to go to school after all. Len will still take the day off and we will cook all day while the big kids are gone, then when they come home we'll have our feast.

Rather than be disappointed because of this, I'm starting to jump ahead to the Christmas season! I'm so excited because this year we're putting up 3 trees- one on each floor of our home. Our basement tree will have a "Candyland" theme and I have been inspired by the tree above. I have lots of ideas for ornaments to make, and even have bought lots of supplies to make them. Now I just have to find the time to do that!

No comments: